nCipher and Entrust Partner to Deliver High Levels of Assurance for Identity Management, Encryption and Public Key Infrastructure Solutions
Under a commercial relationship Entrust to resell Thales nShield HSMs to complement its enterprise and managed service offerings
Thales, leader in information systems and communications security, and Entrust Inc., a pioneer and global leader in public-key infrastructure (PKI) technology, announce a strategic partnership to deliver easy to deploy, high-assurance encryption and key management solutions for customers worldwide, whether they are securing their enterprise or protecting information in the cloud.
Organizations today are demanding robust, high-assurance solutions to ensure the security of their critical information and defend against an evolving threat landscape. To address these challenges, Thales and Entrust have partnered to deliver award-winning, cost-effective solutions to defend against sophisticated online and internal threats, increase efficiency and comply with domestic and international regulations. Boasting an Entrust Ready Designation, Thales offerings are tested and proven to be interoperable with Entrust solutions and will be re-sold by Entrust to complement both its enterprise and managed service offerings.
- The global partnership delivers innovative offerings for PKI, key management and user authentication to help address sophisticated security challenges with solutions that provide multiple safeguards to protect information and identities against new and evolving threats.
- Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) are widely accepted as a best practice for protecting cryptographic keys and for performing encryption and digital signing. Entrust customers will benefit from the availability of Thales nShield HSMs as part of Entrust’s managed PKI service package.
- Organizations are increasingly expanding HSM usage with PKIs in response to today’s higher assurance requirements and to support newer certificate issuance requirements, for example for device certificates as part of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiatives.
- Thales nShield FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified HSMs deliver the industry’s most operationally efficient high assurance key management framework.
- The combined solutions, available from Entrust, are scalable to be delivered on premise, hosted or cloud-based to meet customers’ specific business requirements.
Bill Conner, president and CEO, Entrust says:
“Thales is a pioneer in data protection. Its certified HSMs combined with our leading identity-based security solutions, yield a best-in-class solution for securing key assets. This partnership will enable us to provide our customers with industry leading solutions that enable the deployment flexibility for both enterprise and managed or cloud models.”
Cindy Provin, president, Thales eSecurity Inc. says:
“Having worked with Entrust to deliver market leading, proven solutions to our combined customers for many years, we are excited to extend our collaboration to meet the growing demand for integrated solutions that address evolving security threats and today’s changing business needs. With the confidence that our offerings meet Entrust Ready designation requirements, our global relationship is delivering solutions that will undoubtedly exceed our customers’ expectations and serve to enable a wide range of business initiatives including mobility and cloud computing.”