nCipher keyAuthority Recognized as Best IT Hardware Solution in 2013 Security Products Magazine New Product of the Year Awards
Thales, leader in information systems and communications security, announces that Security Products Magazine has recognized Thales keyAuthority as Best IT Software/Hardware solution in its 2013 New Product of the Year Awards. The prestigious award recognizes Thales as a global leader in the IT security industry with advanced, ground-breaking data protection solutions.
Enterprises today understand the importance of cryptography to ensure the security of critical data – both on premise and in the cloud. However this creates significant key management challenges, particularly as the number of applications and devices, often from different vendors, increases. To combat complexity, unnecessary operational costs and to ease compliance, valuable operational efficiencies can be gained by centralizing and automating key management. To combat complexity, unnecessary operational costs and to ease compliance, valuable operational efficiencies can be gained by centralizing and automating key management. The value of separating key management tasks from the applications that use the keys is further increased in virtualized and cloud environments, where organizations can retain in-house control of keys and still take advantage of cloud-based encryption and data storage.
- keyAuthority is a high assurance appliance that provides centralized key management to lower the risk of security breaches and facilitate compliance with stringent regulations and policies while also ensuring that critical data remains available to the organization.
- keyAuthority is a security-hardened appliance that manages encryption keys on behalf of multiple classes of encryption devices, providing a single, unified key management system to achieve a consistent security policy, simplified administration, auditing/reporting and economies of scale.
- keyAuthority delivers market-proven enterprise capabilities, such as the automation of key lifecycle management controls, high scalability, redundancy, support for multi-tenant environments and sophisticated administrative role separation and key segregation.
- keyAuthority offers the broadest and most complete support for Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP) version 1.1 developed by the OASIS standards body, providing KMIP-enabled interoperability for encryption-enabled products from leading vendors including Brocade, NetApp and Quantum.
- Delivered in a tamper-resistant and tamper-evident hardware platform certified to the stringent FIPS 140-2 Level 3 standard, keyAuthority offers long-term reliable protection of keys on behalf of an organization’s most critical applications and sensitive data.
Cindy Provin, president, Thales eSecurity, Inc., says:
“keyAuthority is deployed in some of the most demanding environments, including financial services and government, where high levels of assurance and reliability are critical. Building on our history of developing trusted hardware security modules (HSMs) and key management solutions, Thales is ideally positioned to satisfy partner and customer requirements for key management that ultimately supports the entire organization. This award further recognizes our commitment to delivering innovative and high quality data protection solutions that enable our customers to protect their most valuable assets. We are pleased and honoured to receive such an award.”