Thales And IBM To Feature keyAuthority At IBM Edge2012 Conference
Conference Sessions Will Address Deployment Strategy For Encryption, Data Protection In Cloud Computing And Reducing The Burden Of Regulatory Compliance
Thales, leader in information systems and communications security, today announced that it will present its keyAuthority appliance, the only high assurance key manager with support for IBM Security Key Lifecycle Manager (previously known as TKLM) at IBM Edge2012, taking place June 4-8, 2012 in Orlando, Fla. Attendees are invited to learn about effective encryption solutions for cloud computing and regulatory compliance in four sessions the company is presenting throughout the event.
During the sessions, the company will present findings from the Thales sponsored 2011 Global Encryption Trends Study by the Ponemon Institute, which revealed that organizations are increasing their investment in encryption in response to compliance regulations and to mitigate the risk of data breaches and cyber-attacks. The report explores current encryption deployment priorities, budgets and operational challenges, specifically those focused on the secure management of encryption keys across the enterprise including within the storage environment, while looking ahead to challenges of data protection in the cloud.
Session attendees will learn how to effectively select security solutions that best meet their needs, based on an understanding of the benefits and challenges of hardware versus software encryption and key management systems. Attendees will discover the importance of encryption security to ensure efficient cloud computing and how to achieve regulatory compliance through hardware-based high-assurance solutions.
- Encryption and Key Management in the Cloud: The Top 6 Concerns to Ensure a Secure and Reliable Solution
Monday, June 4, 4:15-5:30pm ET and Thursday, June 7, 1:00-2:15pm ET (Nassau; sSC07)
- Using Encryption to Satisfy and Simplify Compliance Objectives
Tuesday, June 5, 1:00-2:15pm ET (Citrus; sSC06)
- Managing Reliable Encryption: Software- and Hardware-Based Approaches
Thursday, June 7, 9:00-10:15am ET (Orange; sSC05)
- IBM and Thales have joined together to deliver a best of breed key management appliance that is prequalified with IBM storage products, delivering high assurance security in an easy-to-deploy hardware solution.
- The Thales keyAuthority appliance was launched in July 2010 with major Fortune 500 customers across North America and Europe. Thales continues to work closely with IBM to qualify and support current storage products as they are introduced.
Richard Moulds, vice president strategy, Thales eSecurity, says:
“Working with IBM to support this event focused on the storage market further emphasizes our commitment to providing best-in-class security appliances tailored to IBM storage users. Thales is delighted to be providing storage users with information on the latest market trends, storage security solution approaches and research to help them make more informed decisions as they adopt IBM encryption ready products. We look forward to engaging customers in discussion about the state of storage security and how to deploy effective solutions during Edge 2012.”
- Thales keyAuthority: http://www.thales-esecurity.com/EN/Products/Key%20Management%20Tools/keyAuthority.aspx
- Thales eSecurity: http://www.thales-esecurity.com /
- IBM Edge2012: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/storage/resource/edge/index.html