nCipher HSMs integrate quickly and easily with Microsoft SQL Server utilizing Microsoft’s Extensible Key Management (EKM).
EKM enables nCipher HSMs to provide key management for multiple databases. You can also use nCipher HSMs to protect keys used by other applications, such as those employing secure sockets layer (SSL). nCipher HSMs safeguard the keys, affording protection from unauthorized access and ensuring the long-term usability of encrypted data.
Protect sensitive data and encryption keys with Microsoft SQL server and nCipher nShield hardware security modules.
- Mitigates risk of data breaches
- Separates role of database and security administrator
- Maintains database structure and processes
- Complies with regulations and legislative mandates
- Provides FIPS 140-2 and Common Criteria root of trust