Service providers who issue digital certificates, time stamps, or digital signatures can use nCipher nShield HSMs as a part of an eIDAS compliant solution.
The European Union's Electronic Identification and Trust Services (eIDAS) Regulation was developed to help establish a single European market for secure electronic commerce. For organizations that handle online transactions with European citizens, the eIDAS Regulation will present significant opportunities, but it will also create new requirements. nCipher nShield hardware security modules play a vital role in helping to secure eIDAS-compliant solutions.
nCipher hardware security modules (HSMs) provide the root of trust
nCipher Security is a leading provider of HSMs. nCipher nShield HSMs provide the root of trust for cryptographic data protection systems with a tamper-resistant environment for generating and managing encryption and signing keys, and for running sensitive code.
nCipher nShield HSMs comply with eIDAS standardsnShield Solo, Solo+, Connect, and Connect+ HSMs:
- Qualified Signature Creation Device (QSigningCD), certified under the Italian OCSI scheme as Common Criteria EAL4+ (AVA_VAN.5)
- In progress for eIDAS and Common Criteria certification against EN 419 221-5, under NSCIB as Common Criteria EAL 4+ (AVA_VAN.5 and ALC_FLR.2)
- Can form the basis of an EN 419 241-2 certified remote signing system. (Please contact nCipher if you need further information)
- Compliant with BSI AIS 20/31 for true and deterministic random number generation
HSMs with these certifications are compliant with the EU's eIDAS regulations* - Electronic Identity, Authentication, and Signature - designed to ensure that digital signatures, time stamps, and other transactional data comply with cross-border standards.
What does this certification mean to nCipher's partners and customers?
Service providers who issue digital certificates, time stamps, or digital signatures can use nShield HSMs as a part of eIDAS compliant solutions. Customers using these solutions are compliant with these important standards.
How is nCipher serving the eIDAS community? nCipher is -
- Integrating nCipher HSMs with key partner applications
- Helping enterprises implement solutions through comprehensive consulting services
- Playing a consultative role in developing EU trust standards
* Article 51, Transitional Measures
nCipher eIDAS Community Overview
nCipher proudly partners with industry leaders to deliver comprehensive and compliant solutions. See how nCipher is helping partners deliver eIDAS compliant services.